Get ready to push your conditioning on this one. Full Body movements with explosive components.. This will test your metal for sure.
All you need are 2 kettlebells (or dumbells) and something heavy to throw around. I'm using a 50lb slam ball, but work with what you got. If you don't have a rower, then do 45 second sprints or rows.
Each round is 5 Minutes total... 4 minutes of work, followed by 1 minute of rest. Complete 4 rounds getting in as many reps as possible. = 20 Minutes.
- Round 1: Kbell high pulls x 8/Overhead throw x 5
- Round 2: Kbell Clean and Press x 8/Over the shoulder throw x 5
- Round 3: 250 meter row/Explosive Pushup x 8
- Round 4: Single arm Kbell swing x 15/explosive wall throws x 5
This Method of Training Will:
- Increase VO2 max
- Increase ability to sustain high intensity effort for longer
- Improve strength and power endurance
- Improve Your Mental Toughness
- Improve Aerobic abilities
- Try to keep good form under fatigue.
- During rest periods, really try to drive your heart rate down as much as possible.
- Wear a heart rate monitor, get familiar with what HR you begin to reach that deep state of fatigue.
- Make sure to follow this session up with a Recovery Training day the next day. Don't train HIIT/High intensity back to back days. For more on recovery check out my article on Recovery Training