When it comes to building muscle, a high protein snack can help fill the gap in your daily protein needs.
These homemade protein bites take about 5 minutes to make, and are a healthy option made from whole foods (and a few chocolate chips 🙂
*If you like this article, check out my high-level training programs that have helped hundreds get a better physique.
Each Protein Bite contains:
- 175 Calories
- 16 grams of carbs
- 8 grams of fat
- 8 grams of protein
Check out the video below, or read on for the full list of ingredients and instructions.
High Protein Snack Ingredients:
Feel free to be creative with these.
The goal is to have a healthy, high protein snack, but we’ve experimented with different ingredients and have yet to be disappointed.
- 1 1/2 Cups Oats
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (you can use a different kind if you like)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Chocolate (or white chocolate) chips.
- Splash of Milk (or almond milk)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Read: 6 Real Benefits of Fasting, Backed by Science
- Mix all the ingredients together really good. It may take a minute or two.
- Add another splash of milk if you’re having trouble or if the mixture is too dry.
- Once mixed, use your hands to form the protein bites, rolling them into balls. Shoot to make 8-10.
- Put them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them up.
- Try adding Cinnamon, chopped up peanuts or almonds or anything else you think sounds good.
Benefits of a High Protein Snack
The benefits of having a high protein snack option are many.
It can be a struggle to get enough protein throughout the day.
Studies show that the optimal amount of protein for muscle building and recovery is somewhere around 0.7 grams per pound of body weight.
It’s a long-standing myth that you need 1 gram of protein per pound.
This means that if you weigh 185 pounds, you’ll need around 130 grams of protein each day.
The extra calories and protein you can get between meals with a calorie dense, high protein snack can fill the gap and make a big difference in building muscle and recovering from workouts.
Some additional benefits are:
- You won’t eat other, less nutritious snacks
- You’ll keep a steady flow of muscle building amino acids in the body
- Helps curb your appetite for other sweets that are nothing but sugar
These high protein snack bites are a great option to help you get enough protein each day to build muscle and recover from your workouts.
They can help keep you away from other garbage snack foods and are simple and easy to make.
It usually takes us about 5-10 minutes.
I hope you liked this article. If you did, feel free to share!
Follow our blog for more articles like this one.
As always, I hope this article helps get you just a little bit closer to that best version of you!
*Note: This article contains affiliate links. Anything purchased comes at no additional cost to you
Getting the right amount of daily protein has been the hardest. Thanks for the post!
It can definitely be hard. I try to find creative ways like this to get it in. Thanks for the comment!