When it comes to building muscle, a high protein snack can help fill the gap in your daily protein needs. These homemade protein bites take about 5 minutes to make, and are a healthy option made from whole foods (and a few chocolate chips 🙂 )
Each Protein Bite contains:
- 175 Calories
- 16 grams of carbs
- 8 grams of fat
- 8 grams of protein
Check out the video below, or read on for the full list of ingredients and instructions.
Feel free to be creative with these. The goal is to have a healthy, high protein snack, but we’ve experimented with different ingredients and have yet to be disappointed.
Note: I’m attaching links to all the ingredients, as people are trying to avoid going to stores right now, and a lot of items are hard to find.
- 1 1/2 Cups Oats
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (you can use a different kind if you like)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Chocolate (or white chocolate) chips
- Splash of Almond Milk (we’re using the high protein kind)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together really good. It may take a minute or two. Add another splash of almond milk if you’re having trouble or if the mixture is too dry.
- Once mixed, use your hands to form the protein bites, rolling them into balls. Shoot to make 8-10.
- Put them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them up.
- Try adding Cinnamon, chopped up peanuts or almonds or anything else you think sounds good.
Benefits of a High Protein Snack
The benefits of having a high protein snack option are many.
It can be a struggle to get enough protein throughout the day. Studies show that the optimal amount of protein for muscle building and recovery is somewhere around 0.7 grams per pound of body weight. It’s a long standing myth that you need 1 gram of protein per pound.
This means that if you weigh 185 pounds, you’ll need around 130 grams of protein each day. The extra calories and protein you can get between meals with a calorie dense, high protein snack can fill the gap and make a big difference in building muscle and recovering from workouts.
Some additional benefits are:
- You won’t eat other, less nutritious snacks
- You’ll keep a steady flow of muscle building amino acids in the body
- Helps curb your appetite for other sweets that are nothing but sugar
These high protein snack bites are a great option to help you get enough protein each day to build muscle and recover from your workouts. They can help keep you away from other garbage snack foods, and are simple and easy to make. It usually takes us about 5 minutes.
I hope you liked this article. If you did, feel free to share! Follow our blog for more articles like this one.
As always, I hope this article helps get you just a little bit closer to that best version of you!
*Note: This article contains affiliate links. Anything purchased comes at no additional cost to you