At Home Leg and Booty Workout. No Gym, No Problem!
Get a bigger butt, wider hips, tone up your legs.. without needing the gym? Is that possible? Yes! There’s always more than one path that can lead to success. If the above sounds like something you’d like to accomplish, then maybe I can help.
I’m going to include a full workout using Arena Strength Bands. These are high quality, excellent bands…but feel free to use what you have. If you just want to see the workout, then feel free (see below). If you want to learn more about how to build up your booty and tone up your lower body, then I recommend reading on.
You can accomplish a LOT working out from home with just your body weight and a set of Bands. Bands add resistance to your movements and challenge the muscles.
Why Use Bands?
- Resistance bands offer Ascending Resistance.. meaning that the resistance is strongest at the end of the movement. This stronger resistance at the end range of motion is beneficial in a lot of ways. In particular, this is where many injuries are suffered. Using bands can help prevent injuries.
- Most people are weakest at the end range of motion of a movement. Using bands can build strength throughout the full range of a movement.
- Bands are much easier on the body vs. lifting weights. Less stress is placed on the joints, and you can keep your muscles under constant tension. There are also different bands offering different levels of resistance.
How to Build a Bigger, Firmer Butt.
Like I said before, there’s always more than one way to reach a goal. But, there are definitely some things you should be doing when trying to hit your glutes. The workout in this article isn’t a random collection of exercises. It’s a series of movements targeted at hitting the glutes from specific angles.
Here are some exercises and key points to remember when working on firming up your butt muscles and toning up your lower body.
Use Hip Abduction For Wider Hips and Firmer Glutes.
Hip abduction refers to movements where you move your leg away from the midline of the body. Movements focusing on hip abduction target the outer glute muscles and hips, and can be used to get a bigger, firmer butt and wider looking hips.
The exercises below use hip abduction and are great additions to any butt workout:
Side Leg Raises
- Lie on one side, band just above the knee
- Raise the top leg laterally and return to starting position
- Repeat for desired reps
- Slow, controlled movements
Quadruped Hip Abduction: AKA, Fire Hydrants
- Start in a quadruped position (on all fours).
- Lift one leg out to the side, keeping a 90 degree angle.
- Don’t twist your body. Keep your belly button facing the floor
- Slow and Controlled Movements
“Squeeze” the Glutes:
Hip Bridges with a “Squeeze.”
Bridges are a unique way to target the glute and quad muscles. At the top of each repetition, actively squeeze the glutes for a quick second and feel the deep burn.
- Start by laying on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor
- Push through the middle of the foot, raising your hips.
- Actively squeeze the glutes briefly at the top of the movement
Squat, Squat, Squat
There really is no substitute for the squat. It is one of the most basic, and productive movements you can do. Squats work the entire lower body, and I’d include them in any workout program targeting the legs or glutes.
The lower portion of the squat really forces the glutes to work hard. It’s the best way to hit the entire lower body in one movement.
- Squat by sitting back, moving from the hips. (picture sitting into a chair)
- Squat down as low as you’re comfortable, and return to standing
- When squatting, visualize squatting your torso between your legs
- Keep a slight resistance in the bands by actively pulling your legs apart.
If you’re interested in the Arena Strength Bands, check them out. This is an affiliate link, but I’d never recommend something I didn’t believe in, and these really are awesome.
The purpose of this article was to show you that you can get a highly effective workout targeting your butt and legs right from home using resistance bands and your own body.
We discussed using hip abduction to target the outer glute muscles and hips to get wider looking hips and a bigger, firmer butt. We also went over resistance bands and ascending resistance.
Then we talked about bridges and squats, two excellent ways to target the glutes. Remember to make sure you focus on actively squeezing the glutes at the top of the bridge. Little things really do make a big difference.
I hope you enjoyed this article and I hope you checked out the video. If you try it out, make sure to let me know how it went.
You really can accomplish a lot right from home with just your body and some resistance bands.
As always, I hope this article was helpful, and I hope you got enough out of it to get you just a little bit closer to that best version of you!